Selenium with Chrome throws an error upon execution
Hi Ranjith, hope you are doing fine. Running my script using PhantomJS, I find desired results. However, when I run the same using chrome, It breaks throwing an error - "Disable developer mode extensions". I tried a lot to bring results using chrome but fails miserably. How can I make a go? Any help on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It's a known issue. Here's how to solve it - https://github.com/florentbr/SeleniumBasic/issues/122
Thanks Ranjith, for your response. Although it's a known issue, I could find any solution nowhere. However, you are very close. The browser is not showing the "disable extension" tag but a blank page is there instead. I'm stuck at this point. Please, do let me know If I'm wrong with what I'm doing. The code I tried with:
Sub Selenium_Testing() Dim webdriver As Object Dim posts As Object, post As Object Browser = "chrome" Set webdriver = CreateObject("Selenium.WebDriver") With webdriver .AddArgument ("--no-sandbox") .AddArgument ("--disable-extensions") .Start Browser, "https://redmart.com" .get "/bakery" End With Set posts = webdriver.FindElementsByXPath("//li[@class='productPreview ']") For Each post In posts i = i + 1 Cells(i, 1) = post.FindElementByXPath(".//h4/a").Text Next post End Sub
I've got it sorted. Turn out that when I downloaded the updated chromedriver.exe and pasted it to this folder "C:\Program Files\SeleniumBasic", It works like magic without adding any argument in my script.